MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardise data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents. We have decided to open a Development Center in Turin, Italy. We are looking for an experienced API Gateway Engineer.
The scope of this position is to plan, execute and control the effectiveness of expert activities related to our global Axway API Gateway platform, and to the other Application Integration Platforms, in coordination with the architecture, development, support and operation teams.
• Design technological solutions involving Enterprise Linux Systems, backup and storage area network, virtualization and high availability (on MS Azure)
• Perform advanced tasks and problem solving for the Axway API Management platform and involved systems.
• Implement required technical projects on the Axway API Gateway platform such as upgrade, integration with other MSC systems.
• Implement required advanced scripts (Python, PowerShell), then handover the knowledge and the maintenance to the team
• Perform security and performance reviews and implement controls
• Participate to the API strategy definition and implementation
• Design and deploys of backup and recovery solutions with the related data lifecycle management
• Understand the complexities of system/data integrations and competencies in enterprise integration patterns, domain driven design, endpoint security
• Qualify and prioritize the new demands and requests in the backlog for further implementation by the team
• Evaluate industry trends and assists in implementing standards and best practices
• Supports technology scouting and tender preparation / evaluation
• Provide support and training to other teams as needed: development, support & operations, infrastructure, others
• Maintain an up to date documentation and propagate the know-how
• Extend contribution to other integration platforms (Automic Workload Automation, Azure Service Bus, other Azure PaaS/SaaS components)
• Hierarchically reports to the Managing Director, Italy
• Functionally reports to the Application Integration Manager, Geneva
• Position to be filled in Turin area
• Availability for travel as required to other MSC Technology offices, like India, 2-3 times per year (2-week duration each time)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Have 2+ years of experience working in a production environment (pref. in large companies)
• API Management platform, including its building blocks (pref. Axway): advanced level
• Linux OS (ie. Redhat or Suse) knowledge: advanced level
• API and ESB Architecture, Design, Development, Security: advanced level
• JSON, Restful, SOAP, Microsoft Active Directory: intermediate level
• Experience with one or more of the following log management technologies (Kibana, Logstash, Splunk or similar tools): intermediate level
• Knowledge of monitoring and alerting systems (Prometheus, Grafana or similar): intermediate level
• Bash and PowerShell scripting, Groovy and Java coding: intermediate level
• Experience with test automation & reporting tools: intermediate level
• Perfect command of English, written and spoken.
• Microsoft Azure IaaS, .NET framework and languages
• Experience in high-availability solutions, cloud solutions
• Experience designing and/or implementing a message queue system
• Agile methodology (SCRUM, KANBAN)
The candidate should be a Team player, possess excellent interpersonal skills, be motivated and demonstrate the following skills: critical thinking, problem solving, flexible and dependable, agile, fast learning, taking initiatives, seeking teamwork with remote teams, able to manage changing priorities, focused, striving to automate and to handover.