MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardise data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
Within the Pricing Scrum Team, the .NET Developer works on the creation of a new application. He will be using the scrum process and guidelines defined by architects. His goal is to deliver software increments with quality at the end of each sprint. To achieve this, he will collaborate closely with the other team members (developers, tester, product specialists and product owner).
The .NET Developer will work on each layer of the application and use agile and devOps practices to deliver functionalities. By applying agile values, he will try to constantly improve himself and continuously learn on technical or process topics.
He will be supported by several communities of practice that will provide help when needed.
• Actively participate to scrum ceremonies and propose ideas
• Analyze user stories by discussing with the product owner and product specialists
• Contribute to user stories
• Design, develop functionalities present into the sprint backlog
• Ensure quality of his code by writing unit testing
• Collaborate daily with the offshore Tester to ensure quality of his developments.
• Contribute to the teamwork by helping colleagues when they need
• Take initiatives and decisions on assigned user stories
• Participate in proof of concepts when required
2. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a mutually respectful working relationship with all staff in to ensure a strong Team effort in all activities
• Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Stakeholders’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
• Complete tasks as required by the Company
• Remain current on trends and innovation in IT, Software and Middleware industry
• Anticipate and address potential issues leveraging previous experience and strong problem-solving skills
• Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Customers’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
3. FUNCTIONAL REPORTING
Functionally report to the IT Director accountable for Pricing & Quotation domain.
4. HIERARCHICAL REPORTING
Hierarchically reports to the Head of Development.
• Position to be filled in Torino.
• Availability for travel as required (occasionally)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
(P) = Preferred, (R) = Required
- Solution design (R)
- Agile methodology (SCRUM) (R)
- Delivery of developed enterprise software (R)
- Support of large and distributed enterprise applications (R)
And related production services
- Experience working with offshore development (P)
- DevOps best practices (P)
- The maritime shipping industry (P)
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 minimum (R min 3 yrs)
- Microsoft C# (R min 2 yrs)
- Microsoft Asp.NET Web API (R min 1 yr)
- Microsoft WPF, Entity Framework (R min 1 yr)
- SQL (R min 2 yrs)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 & 2017 (R)
- Microsoft VSTS or TFS (Build, Releases, Tests, Backlogs, GIT) (P)
- Design patterns (R)
- Object oriented programming (R)
- Fluency in English (oral and written) (R)
- Multicultural work collaboration (R)
-Communication skills in a global environment (R)