MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company continues to invest and lead the world container market with ships, an extensive container fleet, intermodal and dedicated staff for its customers. The Company’s evolution to its leading brand needs consistency to market, and therefore it is paramount to standardise data, processes and management information.
Established in 1998, MSC Technology provides development and technology support for the MSC transportation divisions and is composed by highly accomplished technology professionals. Today, with a team of 1000 plus, MSC Technology provides the best, most interactive maritime software solutions available in the industry. With an emphasis on equal employment opportunities and a collaborative approach to growing our expertise and solving complex problems, we are a trusted strategic partner with a great journey ahead of us.
Within the Program Team and under its governance and methodology guidelines, the Product Specialist is to recommend and facilitate the design, development, testing, roll out, run and evolutions of One Vision Pricing & Quotation products, to meet the company’s strategic objectives and business requirements.
He/she contributes with the Scrum Team and provides support throughout the entire rollout life cycle to ensure that the product meets company’s goals, business needs and requirements.
1 CONTRIBUTION WITHIN SCRUM TEAM
• Contribute to the definition of the Product Backlog
• Contribute and/or animate pre-grooming sessions with Business
• Contribute to the Product Vision
• Participate to the Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective ceremonies
• Participate to the Product Backlog grooming meetings
• Contribute to the establishment of user stories acceptance Criteria
• Support the Development Team in a daily basis to bring all details needed by the Developers; provide specifications or descriptions of the User Stories.
• Manage the dependencies of the Product Backlog with other Products.
• Contribute to the Definition of Done for the sprint(s)
As tester (in the sprint)
• Design and structure the test plan, test cases in relation to product backlog items
• Pick a user-story from the product backlog that should be tested and build test plan
• Help in refining the requirements (the user stories) by contributing to acceptance tests
• Share with Scrum Team testing best practices
• Execute tests
• Record the results and share with the Scrum Team
As product specialist (in preparing roll out/releases)
• Be an active contributor in the development of training material, processes documentation and Gap Analysis, for production release as well as for migration and transition.
• Support the Key Users in testing activities, providing guidance and listening to their enquiries.
• Post Go Live support, with end users and with Development/Support teams; problem solving with sense of urgency.
2 ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a mutually respectful working relationship with all staff to ensure a strong Team effort in all activities.
• Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Customers’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner.
• Should keep self-updated with the current trends in the maritime and logistic industry as well as in Project Management methodologies by reading related magazines and periodicals participating in related seminars as required.
• Complete tasks as required by the Company.
3 FUNCTIONAL REPORTING
The position will report to the IT Director responsible of the Business Domain (Pricing)
• Position to be filled in Torino
• Availability for travel as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
(P) = Preferred, (R) = Required
General: - Experience in MSC (minimum of 3 years) (R)
- Workshop management and team building (P)
- Experience of Application Development methodologies (P)
- Systems and Data Oriented (P)
- Experience in SCRUM teams in similar or Scrum Master role (P)
Functional: - Knowledge in Pricing & Quotation domain (R)
- Experience in Liner/Commercial/Sales (P)
- Knowledge of MSC HQ and Agency organization (P)
- Customer Service Oriented (P)
- Requirements and tests management tools (P)
- Data Management (P)