MAKE A DIFFERENCE
MSC Technology provides exclusive IT solutions to MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company. We believe engaged, talented and ideas-focused individuals are what makes an international business like ours so successful. Being a professional services firm, it’s about creating a workplace where we recruit skilled people able to deliver excellence service but first, a place where people can be inspired and be inspiring.
The candidate will participate in level 2 application support, implementation, distribution and maintenance of Client-Server software applications for the maritime shipping industry (sea container carrier). Candidate will be responsible for occasional business analysis and day to day application support for our international clients. Some tasks may require testing user interface (not code testing).
This position requires basic knowledge of SQL databases or any other relational databases, working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems: Win: 7/8/10 (including servers 2008-2016). Also ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Remote Connection tools (Remote Desktop, Remote Administrator, Remote Desktop Manager). Specific job assignments will include 2nd level of B2B support of production software and responsibility for implementation/upgrades of system software. Writing support procedures is a part of this assignment.
Candidate should have: a minimum HS diploma + at least 1 years' experience in IT (software) support.
Some experience in: Ticketing/call management software
Maritime shipping operations experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Working knowledge of: Remote Desktop Manager
Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with interpersonal skills are required.
Perfect candidate should:
- Be familiar with global shipping industry (shipping terms, documents, operations, geography, etc.). Sea shipping experience preferred;
- Have basic knowledge of SQL Server (can write ad-hoc queries)
- Know how to read business requirement document and specifications for software development team;
- Experience in UI testing.
- Have good analytical and verbal communication skills;
Special benefits Include:
- Health Care Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Savings Plan
- Suburban Work Location
- Casual Work Environment
- Flexible Work Hours
- Direct Hires (no Agencies)
- Only considering applicants in regional area (NY, NJ and PA)
- US Citizens or those legally allowed to work in the US only
- Visa sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship not currently available for this position
- Will not hire on a contract basis